April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

It is SUCH a beautiful day.

I started it with a trip to church to celebrate the Reason for this day. I am so, so, so thankful that my Jesus was (and is) powerful enough to overcome the grave. 1 Corinthians 15:14 says, "And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith." BUT, verse 20 goes on to say, "But Christ HAS INDEED been raised from the dead." We are victors in Christ. Shame, guilt, sin, death, condemnation...they have NO power over us. Why? Because Jesus suffered on the cross on Friday and rose again 3 days later.

"Where, o death, is your victory?
Where, o death, is your sting?"
1 Corinthians 15:55

Praise the Lord!

Where the secular Easter bunny and egg hunts came into the picture, I have no idea. Nevertheless, I couldn't resist the opportunity to make cute, colorful cookies.



I hope everyone enjoys this day with their family to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment