March 31, 2012

Nanny's Pound Cake

I love pound cake. I really do. Especially when it has some vanilla ice cream and strawberries on top.

Fortunately for me (and now all of you), my Nanny makes the most delicious pound cake.

I don't know how this recipe varies from pound cake recipes y'all have. It might be exactly the same. It might be completely different. She may have gotten the recipe out of a Southern Living cookbook. It may be a recipe that has been passed down from generation to genereration. I really don't know. All I know is that it tastes good. It's light and fluffy and tasty and fattening and great. So here's the recipe.

Enjoy!

Pound Cake

Pound Cake

Ingredients
2 sticks of margarine
1/2 c shortening
3 c granulated sugar
5 eggs
3 c flour
1 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla 
1/2 tsp almost extract

Directions
Start creaming margarine and shortening. Add sugar and turn mixer to medium speed. Add eggs one at a time. Turn down mixer slightly. Add flour 1 cup at a time, alternating with milk. Add extracts. Cook in COLD over at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Cover immediately after removing from pan to preserve moisture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment