March 27, 2012

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie

In my last post, I talked about a delicious dinner my family was about to have. I intended on posting shortly after that with a picture of my meal. However, it's 10 days later and I still haven't posted. Where did the time go?

Anyway, here it is! The yummy fish dinner consumed outside on the deck on a lovely spring night.


Onto the dessert for the day. Now, my title is the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie ever. I find this to be true...with one exception. That exception is the Yellow Cake Mix Cookie. BUT, if we're just talking chocolate chip cookies from scratch (using cake mix doesn't count), this one wins. Why, you ask? Because it has a secret ingredient. Cream cheese.

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients 
5-6 oz cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulate sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups plus 3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat the over to 325 degrees.
Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla.
Sift together the dry ingredients and add them to the butter mixture. Beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Place a scoop of dough on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly with your hand.
Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are looking slightly brown.
Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment