March 15, 2012

Hydrangea Cake

Well, vacation is officially over. To sum it up, I. Love. The. Beach.


I still have a few days of Spring Break to enjoy, but the beach trip I took with my mom has sadly come to an end.

On the bright side of things, that means there are SIX WEEKS of classes left. SIX! In the grand scheme of an entire school year, six weeks is practically nothing.

Sorry about the semi-hiatus I've taken from the blog. Between taking tests, writing papers, getting ready for spring break, and actually going on spring break, I haven't had a whole lot of free time. But...here I am!

The cake I have for you today my first attempt at a hydrangea cake. It's no where near perfect, and I know there is great room for improvement, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway. It's a great way to celebrate the beautiful spring (or more like summer) weather we've been having!


I got the idea from a picture I saw online, and it is really just the cutest idea for a cake. I'll definitely be working on my hydrangea petal making skills. Too bad I can't take classes on that in school. I find that 400 times more interesting than Natural Resource Conservation (otherwise known as my tree hugger class). Wouldn't you?

On a different note, I want to use this blog as a way to send out a special prayer request. One of my very best friends' boyfriend, who also happens to be my friend and one of my favorite people, was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. Right now, he needs PRAYERS. Please, please, please pray fervently for his healing and for strength for him and his loved ones.

"Rejoice always, PRAY CONTINUALLY, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment