September 19, 2013

Wedding Bliss


I ab.so.lute.ly. LOVE weddings. I just think they are the greatest things to ever meet the weekend. Besides college football, maybe. I love the food, the dancing, the love, the joy, the friends and family...all of it.

I had the privilege of making my first wedding cake for my sweet friend last weekend, and let me tell you. That wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I'm pretty sure 95% of my Pinterest wedding board came to fruition at that wedding. The venue was a gorgeous farm in Southside, Alabama called J&D Farms.



The ceremony was under some canopy trees so guests were in the shade, as it was an absolutely perfectly sunny day. We sat in old white church pews, and there were lights strung in the trees above us. Can you say "swoon"? The reception (here comes the cake) was in a barn just up the hill from where the ceremony took place. There were flowers and burlap and string lights and Coke and everything elegant and southern that you can think of.



Then there was the dessert table. I'm still in shock that I actually made this cake. I have never ever ever been more nervous about something. A girl dreams of her wedding day for years, and I did not want to be the one to mess it up. Praise the Lord that He guided my hands and helped everything go smoothly. The cake was vanilla, and the cupcakes were chocolate with cream cheese, chocolate with chocolate, pumpkin with cinnamon cream cheese, and vanilla.


I can't take any credit for the beautiful table set up or the adorable flags in the cupcakes. The bride made all of the flags, and I absolutely LOVED them. All I did was stick them in the cupcakes and set the cupcakes on the pre-arranged, super cute, super hipster dessert table.





And there you have it. A day in the life of a wedding cake baker. That's me! Despite the nerves, sweat, and tears (no blood) it took to accomplish this, I had so much fun and am so honored I was asked to help. What an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment