August 25, 2013

Sunday Sweets and Sunshine


If you haven't noticed, I like alliteration. 25% because I'm OCD and I like things to match. 75% because I'm not creative enough to come up with other witty titles.

In weather news, THE SUN SHONE IN THE SKY THIS WEEKEND. Seriously. If you live in the Atlanta area, before Friday, when was the last time you saw the sun? I'm a fan of rainy days, but there have been far too many of those this summer.

Continuing with the weather topic, I could not be more excited for fall. Pumpkin desserts are calling my name, and college football is SIX DAYS AWAY. I think this week may just be the slowest one I've had in a while. Can you say Go Dawgs?

Onto the cakes. My 21st birthday is coming up in October. I feel like I just turned 16 and got my driver's license. It is SO hard to believe that was almost 5 years ago. Speaking of which, here's a cake I did for a Sweet 16 this weekend. How fun is her masquerade theme?!



Apparently Minecraft is the game of choice for boys these days. I thought (um...think) Mario was (um...is) the jam, but apparently I am completely behind the times. I also didn't know what Yo Gabba Gabba was when I got an order for cupcakes. I need a child assistant to educate me on all the new fads. Anyway, here's the Minecraft cake...


The next cupcakes are some of my favorites from the past couple of weeks. I did baby shower cupcakes, and the theme of the baby's nursery was Noah's Ark. How kind do those animals look? I have a feeling the alligators on the ark probably had more teeth than my innocent little fondant alligators, but for nursery purposes, I like this kind better.




Where my chocoholics at?! THIS CAKE IS FOR YOU. I REPEAT. THIS CAKE IS FOR YOU. Chocolate cake. Chocolate chips in the chocolate cake. Chocolate icing. Chocolate shavings on top. I practically entered a chocolate coma just looking at the thing. Just kidding, I am chocolate's #1 fan. Picture a 13 year old girl at a One Direction concert. No. Picture a 13 year old girl at a One Direction meet and greet. THAT IS ME when it comes to chocolate.



Hope you all have a wonderful week! Let's pray for more sunshine and cool weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment