June 3, 2013

New Seasons

School has been out for me for a little less than a month, and I have had one heck of a month. I've spent LOTS of time with friends who are home from various colleges, baked numerous graduation cakes, and simply rested as much as possible. One of my favorite parts of the month of May was the camping trip I took to Cloudland Canyon with some of my absolute FAVORITE people.


However, seasons come and seasons go, and my season of rest and relaxation has unfortunately had to come to an end for a while.

I started my summer job as a camp counselor at Camp All American last week, and what an experience it has been so far. If you've never heard of CAA, I highly recommend looking into it! It is an outreach of Perimeter Church in Johns Creek, GA. The heartbeat of the camp is 100% Jesus. It's unreal how much The Lord has already been moving in the lives of the kids, parents, and even staff over the past two weeks. In my opinion, children's ministry is one of the most important areas a church can focus on. These kids just soak in almost everything you tell them- especially when it's paired with summer, friends, and lots of fun in the sun. Camp is the perfect environment for introducing children, many of whom don't attend church anywhere, to the love of Jesus, and I LOVE being a part of it!

For those of you who have asked, here's what a typical day looks like for me: I have a group of eight 3rd-5th grade girls that I am in charge of for the week. Camp takes place at the church. My group and I travel around the church campus to different activities including assembly, pool, tennis, human foosball, capture the flag, Bible time, etc. during the day. My goal each day is to love on the girls and show them Jesus with my words and actions. 

SO, because camp is so time consuming, the amount of orders I'm able to take this summer is pretty limited. I do have a few weeks off here and there, so if you want to place an order, feel free to shoot me a message or give me a call and I will let you know if I'm free or not! Here's a recap of what the month of May has looked like for me in terms of cakes.














No comments:

Post a Comment