May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! I hope you all had a wonderful day being treated special by your children. We don't always show you the way we should, but we all love you so much!


My family spent this rainy mother's day lounging around, eating, playing Apples to Apples, and watching movies. We watched Moneyball and Ides of March. I would highly recommend both movies. Moneyball is a baseball movie and Ryan Gosling is in Ides of March. I guess what I'm saying is...why wouldn't you want to watch them?

Doing absolutely nothing today was JUST what I needed. I have baked over 400 cupcakes in the last couple of weeks, and as much as I love baking, it was so nice to spend a day watching movies and NOT decorating cupcakes.

That being said, here's a glimpse at what I've been working on lately!

First, these are individually packaged teacher appreciation cupcakes I made this week for teachers at church. They were given to the Wednesday night and Sunday morning teachers (150 total). Speaking of which, I'd like to give a shout out to all of the teachers and staff. I know how hard you work each week, and I appreciate the way you share your love for the Lord!



Second, here are some college themed cupcakes I made for a graduation party. Half are cookies and cream and half are red velvet.




Third, camping cupcakes for an 8 year old birthday party. One dozen are triple chocolate and one dozen are vanilla.



And finally, a mother's day dessert for my wonderful mommy! She would eat chocolate all day every day if that wasn't frowned upon (who decided to frown upon that, anyway?), so I made her triple chocolate cupcakes. The recipe for these was given to me by the lovely Ashley Poole!


If you're still with me after all of these pictures and ramblings, good for you!

Again, happy mothers day, moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment