April 1, 2013

Easter Sweets

Happy day after Easter!

I'm sitting outside on this BEAUTIFUL day as I write this post. Spring is actually starting to make its appearance, and I couldn't be more thankful. If I have to endure another day of 35 degrees and rain (like last Monday), I might go crazy. Literally. And moving to Florida will be the only logical solution.

It would have been fortunate if we had this beautiful day yesterday, but we weren't so lucky here in the Atlanta area. It was pretty gloomy, but the rain only lasted a few minutes, and we got to get a couple of pictures on the deck in front of the pretty cherry trees!



Our Easter was wonderful! We had a delicious breakfast of Nutella Cinnamon Rolls (recipe coming soon), followed by church, a steak lunch, and an afternoon of games and an Easter egg hunt. Which brings me to my question...how old is too old to hunt Easter eggs? Answer: you're NEVER too old! I even got to finish off my Easter Sunday with a game of tennis with some of absolute FAVORITE people. I am so thankful for friends and fellowship.

Now onto the sweets. I have multiple recipes to post soon. I know it's been a while since I've done that. But in the mean time, here are some of the Easter treats I made this weekend!





And non-Easter related, here are some Minnie Mouse cookies.


I hope you all had a great weekend celebrating the death and resurrection of our Savior!

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." 
Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment