September 3, 2012

Labor Day Lounging

It has been yet another rainy, gloomy labor day. Doesn't it seem that way every year? It's supposed to be the last hoorah of summer, and we spend it sitting inside. Oh well. Though we didn't get to go to the pool as planned, we enjoyed an afternoon of yummy eating and movie watching. We rented Blue Like Jazz, a movie based on the Donald Miller book, and I really, really enjoyed it. The book is subtitled "Non-Religious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality" if that gives you a little bit of an idea of what it's about. I think it paints a really accurate, eye-opening picture of the way some people see Christians. I would really encourage everyone to watch it. I can go ahead and tell you this- it's not at all how you're imagining it.

Anyway, this post is more about my thoughts on the movie than anything else, as I only have a few pictures to show you. First, here's the fish cake I promised you when I posted the farm animal cake a couple of weeks ago.


Next, here are some Atlanta Braves birthday cupcakes.



And lastly, some "just because" cupcakes with a glimmer.


Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Labor Day holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment