January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012

Happy New Year!

I welcomed in the new year with my best friends, and I wouldn't have had it any other way! I'm really looking forward to 2012 and so many things it has to bring...some serious, some fun. To name a few...

I'm looking forward to Passion 2012...beginning tomorrow!
I'm looking forward to the movies The VowThe Lucky One, and Batman.
I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.
I'm looking forward to reading the series, The Hunger Games, and seeing the movie. 
I'm looking forward to more baking adventures.
I'm looking forward to finishing my freshman year of college and MOVING OUT OF THE DORMS! 
I'm looking forward to a wonderful summer at home with my friends and family.
I'm looking forward to moving into my first apartment in the fall with a few awesome girls I've met at UGA. 
I'm looking forward to decorating my apartment for fall and Christmas.
I'm looking forward to celebrating my 20th birthday. I'll no longer be a teenager! 
I'm looking forward to the Christmas season. Just because one just ended doesn't mean I can't look forward to the next one :) 
Finally, I'm looking forward to moving further in my walk with the Lord, finding out more about myself and His character, and seeing His plan for my life revealed piece by piece in a way I could never imagine. 

Now for the cookies...

Good news. My cookies weren't a disaster. I think this is the first time I've successfully decorated sugar cookies. I'm kind of proud. I got the cookie recipe, icing recipe, and idea for the colors and design from a blog I read, The Sweet Adventures of Sugar Belle.


Basic Sugar Cookies
1 c unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 c confectioner's sugar
1 egg
2-3 tsp flavoring (vanilla, almond, etc.) (NOTHING with oil in it)
2 1/2 - 2 3/4 c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Cream together softened butter and confectioner's sugar. Crack the egg into a separate bowl, and add the flavoring. Add that to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until the egg is thoroughly incorporated. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt, then add little by little to the mixture.
Roll out on parchment paper about 1/4 inch thick. Then, cut and bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment