November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Cheer

Thanksgiving's over (insert very, very, very sad face), and I'm back in Athens, ready to finish this last week of classes and take on my first set of college finals! I thought I would sit down and write this post before studying starts to take over my free time.

Anyway, Thanksgiving break was so great. I spent most of it cooking, shopping, and relaxing with friends and family. I'm so thankful for each and every moment I had with them this past week. I love being at home. Home is good. I also love Athens, though. It's an awesome city with awesome people. You know what else is awesome about it? Our SEC East Champion Bulldawgs are going to the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP this weekend! I. Am. So. Excited. It's going to be a good weekend full of Christmas parties, football, and friends.

Onto the main topic: food. First, here are some Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes...


Now for the FOUR Thanksgiving pies. Last year, my mom and I made four pies for the four members of our family. This seems excessive. It IS excessive. However, everyone has their pie that they HAVE to have if it's gonna be a traditional Thanksgiving. Dad's is Pumpkin, Mom's is Pecan, Drew's is Apple, and mine is Chocolate Chip. Luckily, my wonderful grandparents came to our house for Thanksgiving this year, so we had two extra mouths to help us eat our pies :) 

Pumpkin

Pecan

Apple

Chocolate Chip 


That's all for now! I'll be back in a couple of weeks with Christmas goodies to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment