August 24, 2011

9 DAYS 'TIL HOME!

     I'm back! First of all, let me tell you about my obsession with Pinterest. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's this awesome website where you basically pin all sorts of various pictures onto your own bulletin board. It's hard to explain and sounds strange, but it's addicting. There are all KINDS of pictures, including pictures of foods with recipes, DIY projects, outfits, quotes, etc. Anyway, I've been on it every free moment I have, and I've been finding so many recipes that I can't wait to make. It's making me miss baking, so I decided to compile some of my favorite creations into a giant picture and devote a blog post to it...and college. So here it is. 
     I've officially completed my 8th day of college classes. They've been going really well, although I do have quite a bit of work to do. College classes are different that I thought they would be. I had always heard all you had to worry about in college was reading, studying, and cramming the night before the test. I guess I thought every other day could be considered a free day! I was wrong. I have a lot of random assignments and things to do each day...mostly for my journalism class. 
     Anyway, now onto talking about the fun part of college. I really have been meeting so many people, and I've been having such a good time getting involved in Christian ministries such as Wesley, BCM, and soon Sigma Alpha Omega, the Christian sorority at UGA. The food is FANTASTIC. I eat all the time. I hate living in a dorm. Although, if I had to live in one (which I do), my building is by far the best option. I'm very thankful to be living here. My roommate Marisa and I have a constant streaming of Friends on our TV. Literally EVERY time one of us is in the room, Friends is playing. It's pure bliss. It brings happiness to my day and reminds me of home :) Speaking of which, I do get homesick easily, and I've definitely experienced my fair share of it here. I'm just trying to push through it and get to the point where I can call this my home away from home. In the mean time, I'm simply counting down the days until Labor Day weekend when I get to go home. Tomorrow, I will change the number on my countdown from nine to eight and do a little dance. I'm so excited!
     Well, I'm off to eat a delicious dinner and have a wonderful time of worship with HUNDREDS of my closest Bulldog friends. I love lifting up my Savior on this campus. I'll be back in a couple of weeks with a post full of all the foods I'll be making during my stay at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment