March 13, 2011

Chocolate Heaven

Alright, get ready for a big post. I've had SUCH a busy weekend baking. The pictures for the two weekend baby showers I baked for will come last. But first, here are some desserts full of chocolaty goodness :)

This cake is a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream, but the best part is the filling. In between each of the four layers, there is a peanut butter chocolate chip buttercream filling that is DELICIOUS. I meant to take a picture of the inside once the cake was cut, but I never got around to it. That'll have to happen next time.


The next chocolate treats are Milky Way cupcakes. These have a warm chocolate filling and Milky Way icing on top. If you love Milky Way candy bars, you would love these. 


Now onto the decorative items I made this weekend. The first are bumblebee cupcakes and a bumblebee cake made for a shower. If you can't tell, the cake's supposed to look like a beehive. The bumblebees and the flowers are made out of fondant. Everything else is vanilla or chocolate buttercream.





And last but not least, these are just some colorful cupcakes for a baby shower. The cake is strawberry and the icing is vanilla. I LOVE the colors on these cupcakes. They made me really excited for Easter and the cute desserts I get to make!


No comments:

Post a Comment