July 14, 2011

Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook...for the win!

My brother gave me a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook for my birthday last year, and it has DEFINITELY come in handy over the past couple of days.

Tonight's dinner menu: Vegetable Pizzas (recipe courtesy of the BH&G Cookbook) and fresh watermelon (orange watermelon...who would've known!?). These "pizzas" were AMAZING and pretty easy to make. They're just tortillas topped with a mixture of grilled yellow squash, zucchini, red bell pepper, tomato, and a special mixture of spices, pesto, and mayo. After all of that was assembled, I topped it with shredded cheese and put it back on the grill for a couple more minutes. These were seriously good...and healthy. One of my new favorite recipes.



Tonight's dessert menu: Chocolate Marble Cheesecake Supreme (recipe courtesy of the BH&G Cookbook). Now...I know what you're thinking. Marble? I don't see any marble. Well, the swirl effect didn't exactly go as planned. Nevertheless, the cheesecake had both chocolate AND vanilla in it. And it tasted pretty good if I do say so myself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment